- Head Tracking - Hand Tracking - View Projection - Skeletal tracking - Basic input - T265 Sensor integration
- Gesture recognizer
Versions of vendored libraries not included, here is where to get them:
You will need to install the leap motion multi-device drivers in order for this driver to work. - LeapDeveloperKit 4.0.0+52238
If using the structure core you will need the CrossPlatform SDK 0.7.1 and the Perception Engine 0.7.1 https://structure.io/
If using the intel realsense t265, you should install the Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2.0
All commands below are run in windows command prompt
In the folder in which you want the repo to exist, run the following commands:
git clone https://github.com/fuag15/project_northstar_openvr_driver
cmake -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A x64 ..
- Open the generated solution and set northstar to the startup project (right click the project and choose the set as startup where the gear icon is) and build.
Make sure to target x64 and a Release build to remove any object creation slowness.
- The release will be in
`build/Release/`and will be comprised of dll files.
- Copy all the dll's to wherever you want to install from, they should be combined into the
`resources/northstar/bin/win64` directory, make this if it does not exist and put all generated dll's inside.
- Next register the driver with steamVR (using vrpathreg tool found in SteamVR bin folder). This is located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\vrpathreg.exe
vrpathreg is a command line tool, you have to run it via the command prompt. To do this, follow these steps.
1) open command prompt
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\
vrpathreg adddriver <full_path_to>/resources/northstar
4) you can verify the driver has been added by typing
vrpathreg in command prompt, it will show you a list of drivers installed.
- at this point vrpathreg should show it registered under "external drivers", to disable it you can either disable in StamVR developer options under startup and manage addons, or by using
vrpathreg removedriver <full_path_to>/resources/northstar
- Running steamvr with the northstar connected (and no other hmd's connected) should work at this point but probably not have the right configuration for your hmd. Take the .json file from calibrating your nothstar and convert it to the format found in
- restart steamvr. If driver is taking a long time to start, chances are it got built in debug mode, Release mode optimizes a way a bunch of intermediate object creation during the lens distortion solve that happens at startup. If things are still going south please issue a bug report here:
- if you wish to remove controller emulation, disable the leap driver in SteamVR developer settings.